Monday, March 3, 2008

Yves Vegan Hotdogs


As many of you know, for the last few weeks I have been eating a strict vegan diet, just trying to drop the middle age spread and doing what I can to maintain good health. This Sunday I awoke feeling carnivorous and I figured that today was the day to see if a vegan hot dog could be the answer. So I went to "Whole Paycheck" and purchased a pack of Yves Vegan Hot Dogs and some Organic Wheat Bread Buns. Hell, I went all out, and even picked up the organic ketchup and mustard as well; after spending a good deal of money on these items, I raced home to give it the old college try.

Understand, I cooked the dogs a couple of different ways to make sure I was giving this thing the effort it deserves. I boiled and microwaved, but I confess, I did not grill. There was no need. Exposing shit to fire does not make it more palatable. I can honestly say this was the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth...So let this post serve as a warning keeping others from making my mistake.

In the end, I believe the people at Oscar Mayer do a better job of simulating meat than the people of Yves are doing simulating, simulated meat.

No comments: