Monday, April 14, 2008

The Big Four Ohhh!!!

I turned 40 years old today. Lordy, Lordy Charles Lister is forty! I just can't believe it. I can't believe how lucky I am. I have just about the best family in the whole wide world. Sarah and I went up to Cincinnati and did the Art Museum and the new IKEA store. We also stopped in at Jungle Jim's and stocked up on all kinds of fun stuff to eat.

And I got the best present ever. At the end of May I'm going to the Abbey of Gethsemani Trappist Monastery for a three day spiritual retreat. Three days of hiking in the woods, seeing the place where Thomas Merton lived and worked and most of all...silence. After a year of taking care of a screaming baby, well, it sounds like a great way to recharge the batteries.
Mom was good enough to take care of the little man for us while we went on our trip. It's incredible, even though we were only gone for one night Sarah and I both missed him so much we thought we would go crazy. Mom took this great pic and I'm posting it because it's just too good not to share... He's holding a a Joker from a deck of playing cards in his hand. Look at that face and tell me it isn't a sign.

No comments: